I’m always willing to try something new. A new trend, a new restaurant, heck, even a new toothbrush. I don’t discriminate! This month, I’ve decided to give the Issa Hybrid toothbrush by Foreo a chance. I was sent the toothbrush by b-glowing, a luxury beauty retailer specializing in brand discovery! Other than looking cooler than your average brush, it’s completely made out of silicone. It sounds weird now, wait until you see how it feels. The first time I used it, I was like woooahhh.. Is this even real life? (That video was the best for months on end) It kind of blew my mind. The reviews on the Issa Hybrid are mixed to say the least, so I paid close attention to how it was working for me.
I’ve been using it for a month now, and I feel just almost as mixed as the reviews. The silicone combined with PBT polymer bristles are supposed to provide a better cleaning of teeth, while staying gentle on gums. Here’s some pro’s & con’s to the Issa Hybrid toothbrush:
1. I love the way it feels. It’s nice to hold and feels different while cleaning my teeth- in a good way.
2. You can adjust the pulsations with 8 levels of intensity for your gums. 8 different levels is pretty intense, but hey, why not?
3. The bristles dry up quickly and there’s never any left over residue from toothpaste.
4. There’s a timer on the toothbrush that vibrates when it’s time to move onto the next section of your mouth.
5. You don’t have to change the head until 6 months have passed.
1. I have to use WAY more toothpaste than with a normal brush. I think the silicone stops the toothpaste from spreading around properly? Lemme get back to you on that.
2. I don’t feel like I get the deepest clean that they advertise. I find myself brushing for longer than I used to in order to feel like I actually brushed. (gross)
UPDATE: Foreo does offer an alternative head with both the silicone bristles and your average, everyday bristles. I’m loving this one much more and I feel like I’m getting a deeper clean!
Want to try out the Issa Hybrid for yourself? Shop it here.