Welcome to my new site! I promise this will be the last big change from me on here that you see. I’ve learned while developing and creating my site that I’ve definitely become a perfectionist. I want everything that I put out that you guys see to be 100% my best work, and if it’s not… I’m simply just not happy. But it’s still so early for me in this entire blogging thing and it’s a learning process. I’m trying to figure out where I fit into the blogging world, while understanding what sets me apart. Remaining true to myself… I want to do the best I possibly can to let my personality shine through every ounce of what I produce. With all of that being said, thanks for sticking with me 🙂
For today’s post, I decided to finally reveal what I’m always asked about… make up! I’ve pulled together my daily essentials- therefore, this isn’t for a full contoured “Kim K” face, but just for an everyday, really light look with hints of warmth and shimmer.
1. NARS “Orgasm” Gloss- This gloss has been one of Nars’ top sellers ever since Bachelorette’s “It girl,” Emily Maynard made it famous through her season on the in 2012. For the past 3 years, I’ve deemed it as a staple because it’s almost sheer but with a touch of pink, making perfect for the everyday.
2. MAC “Style” Blush- I love this blush for the everyday because it’s a coral color which gives my face warmth! It’s a really natural shade and it has a little hint of shimmer. A little bit goes a long way with this blush, so I’ve had it for a bit longer than I should but I use it almost everyday and I don’t see myself switching up anytime soon.
3. JOSIE MARAN Argan Oil- THIS STUFF IS THE BEES KNEES. Nothing beats this oil. I use it for everything from daily moisturizer to healing my cuticles, split ends, and even burn scars. It’s on here because I mix a few droplets with my foundation and apply it with my Beauty Blender to achieve a dewy look. I prefer a matte look at night, but during the day, you always want a healthy glow that gives you that “sun-kissed” effect.
4. DIOR Diorshow Mascara- This mascara is my favorite for day time because the formula is meant to lengthen and give your lashes volume (which means no clumping and no thickness), while protecting you for any splashes that come your way. I’ve read mixed reviews about this mascara, but I really have no complaints. I only apply 1-2 coats during the day so it never looks heavy, I just want people to know the lashes are there.
5. MAC Face and Body Foundation- I’ll admit it: I’m a huge foundation snob. I’ve tried a lot of brands and I honestly can’t sit here and say “Wow, I can’t wait to buy that stuff again!” Until I tried the face & body foundation from MAC. Their other foundations really dried my skin out so I was skeptical to try this one out but it’s the best!! I love it because it’s a ‘build-able’ foundation, meaning it goes on extremely light, and the more coverage you want, you build on. When it’s hot outside, no one wants to be wearing heavy foundation which is why I love this stuff. I apply it with my wet Beauty Blender just to even out my skin tone.
6. BENEFIT “Hello Flawless” Powder- My favorite powder in the history of powders and reviews seem to agree with me. I bought this “Hello Flawless” powder in a lighter shade to set my concealer. I simply won’t go a day without it. It has seriously covered every spot, scar, and under-eye bags I’ve ever had. Not to mention the finish looks so smooth and the product lasts forever.
7. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer- This concealer has been Sephora’s best-seller for months now, and it’s probably because every beauty guru out there is wearing it daily. It comes with the little brush you would see in a lipgloss tube and you just dab it where you need it (under-eye & cheek bone down to the sides of the nose) and blend it out. It’s complete full coverage and will give you a glowing look. I dab a few spots in the areas I need it, blend it out with my finger, and let my Beauty Blender pick up any excess product so I never look cake-y. If I don’t set it properly, it starts to crease, that’s where my “Hello Flawless” comes in.
I’ve attached all of the links to Sephora you can browse all of the products I listed in the same place (other than MAC), happy shopping!
[masterslider id=”9″] Xo, Victoria