Working at Bloglovin’ for over a year taught me a lot about the blogging business. Like how to stand out online, to pitching to brands, and of course – how to build a following. I learned the in’s + out’s of the platform – what worked best for our users and I watched people grow on the platform exponentially. Being a start-up in a fast-paced, growing industry – the platform constantly evolved and grew to be better everyday. Here a few tips + tricks I picked up along the way:
- Choose a Category: This is super simple + super effective! When signing up, assign your blog to a category. It’s quite self-explanatory: if you’re a fashion blogger, choose fashion or if you’re a food blogger, you know… choose food.
- Add a Bloglovin’ Widget: Bloglovin’ is a major social site just like Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest – even more so for bloggers. Don’t sleep on it! Add a BL’ widget next to your other social media buttons to grow your following on the platform just as you would any other. They have standard ones on their site or there are a few other options that can be downloaded or implemented from your theme.
- Claim Your Blog: This is the major one we would always suggest to new users! Claiming your blog on Bloglovin’ is the equivalent on being verified on Twitter or Instagram – but you don’t have to apply to do it! Click the ‘Claim Blog’ button on your Bloglovin’ page + implement the code to your site. Easy-peasy!
- Add a Bloglovin’ Link at the Bottom of Your Posts: Repetitive, but it works. A simple ‘Follow me on Bloglovin’!’ link at the bottom of your posts is always a great reminder to current readers and traffic source for new ones!
- Write a Good Headline: This goes without saying regardless of where you’re sharing your posts. There’s thousands of posts that are published on Bloglovin’ DAILY. This means your post needs to grab users with a catchy title. Try adding, “How To…”, “10 Ways To…”, or “The Best…” Ask yourself before posting: Would I want to read this post if it wasn’t mine?(Thirteen Thoughts on Bloglovin’)
- Make the First Two Sentences Your Best: Bloglovin’ automatically adds the first sentence or two of your post when publishing. Just like your headline, make this grab your readers! Think of this as a billboard advertisement without an image of the product. When someone reads your ‘billboard,’ are they going to want to see what’s behind it? These two sentences are going to decide whether or not your blog gets clicked on – make it count.
- Add Tags: By adding #hashtags to your blog – Bloglovin’ will automatically tag your blog on their site as well. Tags filter your posts into categories – making your post more discoverable to new readers.
- Engage: Be present! You get what you give. Save other blogger’s post’s into your Categories, ‘love’ other posts, follow blogs, and comment! The lovin’ all comes back around.
Lastly, Bloglovin’ also lets you monetize off your blog! By joining Activate – you can partner with brands on campaigns + collaborations.Do you have any other tips you use to using the platform?