Last week, I wrote a post about my new favorite suitcase from Raden. I received a whole lotta’ love on it, and I don’t blame ya’- the suitcase is amazing!
I wanted to share how I packed for an entire week in just one carry-on suitcase. I’ve rounded up some of my favorite picks as far as which clothes to bring for a summer vacation and how to pack.
1. Roll your clothes, never fold. Rolling your clothes really tight helps add extra space when packing a carry-on, and you can really stuff more things in when you roll.
2. Buy all travel-sized toiletries. You’re not allowed full-size products on the airplane, so opt for the minis.
3. Pack your toiletries in a ziplock bag to avoid any spills!
4. Always pack neutral- black, white, gray, brown, nude. This way, you don’t have to worry about which top matches with which bottom. Doing this will also save you a ton of space because it’s easier to mix + match neutral tones.
5. Simplify your shoes: 1 pair of flats, 1 pair of sneakers, and 1 pair of shoes for a special occasion/dinner. Wrap them up in an old grocery bag to keep your clothes clean.
6. Stick a straw through your necklaces to avoid them getting tangled up.
7. For a beach holiday, pack your swimsuit top and bottoms together in one ziplock bag. This helps to keep them together and avoid any mil-dew’ish smell.
1. Check in online and choose your seat ahead of time. Where’s all my window peeps at?!
2. Keep all of your important documents & passport in your purse with you while at the airport.
3. Moisturize! Lip balm, hand lotion, face moisturizer, and water. Flying can really dry out your skin!
3. I love to bring noise-cancelling headphones on my flight. I’ve never had a flight where it was quiet.
4. Bring a jacket in case you’re cold on the plane.
5. A scarf can double as a pillow if you decide to take a snooze.
6. I always bring sanitizing wipes and spray to wipe down my seat and constantly keep my hands clean. The airport is truly a yucky place.
7. If your flight is a long one, bring a sleep mask in order to get some quality shut-eye.
8. To fight any possible sickness, I like to be better-safe-than-sorry and chug a glass of Emergen-c on the plane.
9. Skip the coffee and go for herbal tea or even water. Coffee makes you jittery and will make any skin issues you have while flying even worse.
Click here to buy my suitcase.
Outfit Ideas to pack for 7 days in 1 carry-on: